Friday, August 29, 2008

Sarah Palin: Creationist

Asked for her personal views on evolution, Palin said, "I believe we have a creator."

She would not say whether her belief also allowed her to accept the theory of evolution as fact.

"I'm not going to pretend I know how all this came to be," she said.

An excerpt from this article.

UPDATE: Just John posted this excellent comment in a thread on Pharyngula:

If she's a Young Earth creationist (and I haven't heard confirmation of the YE part yet,) then, given the importance of oil to her state, I'd like to hear her answer to: What is petroleum, and how do the big oil companies know where to look for it?

1 comment:

Joshua Stein said...

Believe me when I say this is hardly the stupidest thing she's said.

This woman is going to sink the McCain campaign, and I'm very, very happy about that.